Webteam: August 2018
We are delighted to announce the appointment of a new Minister to serve in the Circuit.
Rev Jeongsook Kim officially takes up her post on Saturday 1st September 2018, coming to us after a period in London.
Although she has been appointed in place of Rev Andy Laird who retired in July, she will have pastoral charge of the congregations at Dale Street and at Kenilworth Methodist Churches, the two largest in the Circuit.
This has necessitated a change round of Ministers in the other churches.
Rev Barbara Greenwood will have pastoral responsibility at Warwick, Wellesbourne and Whitnash churches.
Rev Sam McBratney will have part-time responsibility at Radford Road (LEP), shared with the URC minister there — Rev James Church.
Rev Peter Powers will have responsibility for the congregations at Cubbington, Fenny Compton, Kineton, Knightcote, Stockton (LEP) and Tysoe.
Rev Jemima Strain will continue to be Minister with responsibility for missional work in the towns and villages to the south of the Circuit.
There will be a Circuit Service of Welcome for Rev Jeongsook, on Sunday 2nd September starting at 6:00 pm at Kenilworth Methodist Church, preceded by tea and cake at 4:30 pm. All are welcome.
We look forward to working with her and seeing the gifts she brings to the Ministry.
You may also be interested in
Eco ChurchIt is early days for the newly formed circuit, but there is every indication that 'Caring for Creation' will become an increasingly important aspect of our new circuit life. The Birmingham District Synod recently strongly approved a motion to become an EcoDistrict, and has already set up an advisory group to move this forward. Stratford and Evesham Circuit (as was!) has...
South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5"Church Without Walls" is child's play in LeamingtonDale Street Church took up the call to be "Church Without Walls" by taking the Gospel out to the local park in a "Summer of Play".With council permission, a team of volunteers led by Children and Families Missioner, Michael Sharman, ran a play...
South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5MICKLETON METHODIST CHURCH :We believe in Faith in ActionThe roots of Mickleton Methodist Church go back to 1812, but the foundation stones of the existing chapel were not laid until 1891. At that time the Society had only 14 members — much the same as the congregation today — though in between times numbers rose to more than 50...