Webteam: October 2019
South Warwickshire Circuit
Northgate Methodist Church, Warwick
Methodism came to Warwick in 1801 when a Wesleyan Methodist local preacher and stonemason from Yorkshire--Thomas Facer--arrived to work, renovating Warwick Castle. The congregation has occupied many other buildings in Warwick but has been at the present church since 1893, which was refurbished in the 1990s.
Membership is 119 and we have around 60 people at our Sunday worship. We hold a regular Saturday coffee morning, and have several groups: Women's Fellowship, Methodist Guild, Mid-Week Home Groups, Widow's Group, Choir and Community Tuesdays which includes our Bread Church.
Our facilities are widely used by the local community. At our official reopening, in January 1993, Dr John Tudor, , gave us a motto: "Always be joyful, always be prayerful, always be thankful", we bring this sense of joy, prayer and thanksgiving, to the new circuit.
To find out more about Northgate Methodist Church, visit their website
To read all the articles in Newsletter 2, click here
You may also be interested in
Eco ChurchIt is early days for the newly formed circuit, but there is every indication that 'Caring for Creation' will become an increasingly important aspect of our new circuit life. The Birmingham District Synod recently strongly approved a motion to become an EcoDistrict, and has already set up an advisory group to move this forward. Stratford and Evesham Circuit (as was!) has...
South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5"Church Without Walls" is child's play in LeamingtonDale Street Church took up the call to be "Church Without Walls" by taking the Gospel out to the local park in a "Summer of Play".With council permission, a team of volunteers led by Children and Families Missioner, Michael Sharman, ran a play...
South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5MICKLETON METHODIST CHURCH :We believe in Faith in ActionThe roots of Mickleton Methodist Church go back to 1812, but the foundation stones of the existing chapel were not laid until 1891. At that time the Society had only 14 members — much the same as the congregation today — though in between times numbers rose to more than 50...