SWC - Newsletter 2 - Logos

Home » News » SWC - Newsletter 2 - Logos
South Warwickshire Methodist Circuit Logo Options - Logo A
SWC Logo Options - Logo B

South Warwickshire Circuit
Newsletter 2

Logos:

The first option, Logo A focuses on the familiar logo used by the Methodist Church, including the orb and cross symbolising the world and the Glory of the Risen Lord.

 

The second, Logo B includes St Chad's Cross amalgamated with the Scallop Shell. St. Chad was the missionary to Mercia, and links us to the foundation of Christianity in this area of England. The Scallop Shell appears on the Wesley family crest and is a symbol of baptism and pilgrimage.

The Circuit Meeting will decide which logo to adopt, but we want to be guided by your thoughts, so please contact Kate at the Circuit Office on 07578 640013 or email on swc.katetennyson@gmail.com.

To read the full newsletter (2) click here.

You may also be interested in

EcoChurch
Webteam: Thu 24 Oct 9:24am

Eco ChurchIt is early days for the newly formed circuit, but there is every indication that 'Caring for Creation' will become an increasingly important aspect of our new circuit life. The Birmingham District Synod recently strongly approved a motion to become an EcoDistrict, and has already set up an advisory group to move this forward. Stratford and Evesham Circuit (as was!) has...

Summer of Play - Postcard - Dale Street
Webteam: Wed 23 Oct 11:30am

South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5"Church Without Walls" is child's play in LeamingtonDale Street Church took up the call to be "Church Without Walls" by taking the Gospel out to the local park in a "Summer of Play".With council permission, a team of volunteers led by Children and Families Missioner, Michael Sharman, ran a play...

MIckleton - 3Bs
Webteam: Wed 23 Oct 11:25am

South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5MICKLETON METHODIST CHURCH :We believe in Faith in ActionThe roots of Mickleton Methodist Church go back to 1812, but the foundation stones of the existing chapel were not laid until 1891. At that time the Society had only 14 members — much the same as the congregation today — though in between times numbers rose to more than 50...