SWC - Newsletter 1 - Bidford

Home » News » SWC - Newsletter 1 - Bidford

South Warwickshire Circuit
Newsletter 1

Introducing Bidford on Avon Methodist Church

Bidford on Avon

The village of Bidford on Avon can be traced back to Roman times when Iknield Street forded the River Avon. Nowadays, the river is crossed by a narrow medieval bridge. The village is currently seeing considerable growth in population.

The Church is located in the centre of the village, just off the High Street, in Chapel Close. It was built in 1984 to replace a large, much older Methodist Church which was demolished to make way for a relief road.

As well as Sunday worship we run regular Saturday coffee mornings, and monthly ecumenical lunches.
Bidford is a Traidcraft Church, and our Fairtrade and Traidcraft goods are available to other churches in the circuit.

We are an older congregation of 10 members and have a regular attendance of 11.

For a full copy of the newsletter, click here

You may also be interested in

EcoChurch
Webteam: Thu 24 Oct 9:24am

Eco ChurchIt is early days for the newly formed circuit, but there is every indication that 'Caring for Creation' will become an increasingly important aspect of our new circuit life. The Birmingham District Synod recently strongly approved a motion to become an EcoDistrict, and has already set up an advisory group to move this forward. Stratford and Evesham Circuit (as was!) has...

Summer of Play - Postcard - Dale Street
Webteam: Wed 23 Oct 11:30am

South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5"Church Without Walls" is child's play in LeamingtonDale Street Church took up the call to be "Church Without Walls" by taking the Gospel out to the local park in a "Summer of Play".With council permission, a team of volunteers led by Children and Families Missioner, Michael Sharman, ran a play...

MIckleton - 3Bs
Webteam: Wed 23 Oct 11:25am

South Warwickshire CircuitNewsletter 5MICKLETON METHODIST CHURCH :We believe in Faith in ActionThe roots of Mickleton Methodist Church go back to 1812, but the foundation stones of the existing chapel were not laid until 1891. At that time the Society had only 14 members — much the same as the congregation today — though in between times numbers rose to more than 50...